Sunday, November 10, 2013

REPURPOSE YOUR GARMENTS || CAPELET

Hey Peoples!
I often find ways to repurpose my garments, be it a dress worn backwards, a dress as a skirt etc.  This time while getting dressed I thought to use a wrap skirt as a capelet!

I hadn't seen this shared before, so I thought to pass it on! Just sling the wrap skirt around your shoulders and fasten! and voila, now you have a capelet!  The skirt I used is a vintage Paul Harris Design wool skirt (perfect for the cooler seasons), it has a single button closure and a button fasten inside the waist.  I imagine a wrap skirt with a zipper could work as well! Try it out! You could also embellish the closure with a clip on earring or brooch!

 


6 comments:

  1. I find creative uses for my accessories and garments as well. I love multi functional pieces, I've never tried this particular trick before though, I have worn a skirt as an infinity scarf though....You are very creative

    www.webreaktrends.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I call perfect execution! Head to toe fabulous... Love the idea of repurposing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you found it to be useful :-)

      Delete
  3. Very nice! and creative now I am thinking do I have a wrap skirt that I can werk? Lol
    www.styleoverboard.com

    ReplyDelete